The Eastern York Region and North Durham Ontario Health Team recently joined forces in creating a task force entitled Connecting Care. The following local agencies will make up the team in providing better care for patients with mental health needs:
- Markham Stouffville Hospital (MSH)
- 360 Kids
- Addiction Services for York Region
- Alzheimer Society of York Region
- Canadian Mental Health Association (CMHA) York Region and South Simcoe
- Carefirst Seniors and Community Services Association
- Krasman Centre
- Restore Canada
- SE Health and York Support Services
The task force, made up of patients, families, caregivers and MSH staff, will run it’s programming over an initial five-year-period. They will be focusing on patients with addictions and dementia in their first year.
It was the Ministry of Health that called for teams to submit proposals in carrying out their objectives for a better organized, integrated and self-sufficient public and communal health care system.
Only 31 of about 150 submissions were approved, including the Connecting Care Task Force of York and Durham region.
The new program is designed to unify community programs and services in order to make navigation for the patient a lot easier.
Click HERE for information and updates on the project.
Photo credit: Simon Watkinson